The Classic series is the most popular out of Wüsthof’s entire range. Every type of knife is available in this series and each meets the highest requirements. The Wüsthof Classic series are a combination of a forged blades with black POM handles. This material is extremely durable and can stand the wear and tear of a kitchen environment. The blade runs seamlessly into the handle and has rivets to secure it tightly together.
The forged blade of chromium-vanadium-steel (X50CrMoV15) is delivered razor-sharp. Each knife is sharpened to precision with laser technique to achieve the ultimate sharpness. After thorough inspection, every knife leaves the production line ready for a long life of intensive use. Both hobby chefs and professional chefs work a lot with these kitchen knives. They have received the NSF hygiene label.
- Brand: Wüsthof Dreizack
- Series: Classic (Wüsthof)
- Type: cook's knife
- Delivered as a set: no
- Number of knives: 1
- Overall length: 33.2 cm
- Blade length: 19.5 cm
- Blade height: 4.7 cm
- Blade thickness: 3 mm
- Weight: 263 gram
- Type of steel: X50CrMoV15
- Hardness: 58 HRC
- Finish blade: light matted
- Blade characteristics: smooth
- Type of edge: plain edge
- Way of sharpening: Western sharpening angle
- Sharpening angle: 14º
- Total angle: 28 graden
- Type of handle: Western grip
- Handle length: 11.5 cm
- Material handle: POM
- Colour: black
- Right or left-handed: symmetrical
- Dishwasher safe: yes, but we strongly advise against it
- Country of origin: Germany
- Warranty on materials and manufacturing defects: lifetime
- Can be engraved: yes
Wüsthof Classic Chef's Knife 20 cm, 4582/20
####Use of a chef's knife
The chef's knife - also known as cook's knife - is the most essential of all knives used in the kitchen. It is used for chopping, dicing and mincing of all kind of food.
Chef's knives are available with blade lengths from 6 to 14". An 8" chef's knife is the most used chef's knife by home users; you will find it in almost any starter set. Professional users mostly use a 9 or 10" chef's knife or even larger. The larger size makes it more productive but you also need more experience to handle it (and a bigger cutting board).
The most common cutting techniques are chopping, dicing and mincing (see pictures below).
Chopping and dicing are techniques for making thin slices of e.g. cucumber or mushrooms. The index finger of the left hand is used to guide the knife while the other fingers hold the food. The mincing technique is mostly used to mince fresh herbs like parsley.
Characteristics of a precision-forged WÜSTHOF Classic knife:
- The Steel: X 50 Cr Mo 15. Select alloy of high carbon no-stain steel
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting without fatigue
- Full bolster/finger guard for safety and protection
- Tempered blades at 56 to 58° Rockwell C
- Laser-controlled and tested cutting edge
- Classic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs
- The WÜSTHOF name, TRIDENT-Logo and city of Solingen as place-of- manufacturing proudly etched onto every blade
Cutlery by WÜSTHOF is manufactured with the highest quality standards and exceeds the required DIN (German Industry Standard) as well as the EN (European Standard).
Beyond the legally required guarantee time, WÜSTHOF offers a very lenient unbureaucratic service covering material and workmanship defects.
For more information visit: www.wusthof.de
Free Service: Create your own logo on your knife
When you buy a professional kitchen knife with us, you can make use of our free etching service. Ideal for chef's who use their own cutlery at work, but also for those who want to give their knives a personal look..
You can design your logo on logo.knivesandtools.com. You can create a simple text logo, use one of our build in images, or even use your own images.
This reviews comes from www.knivesandtools.co.uk and has been translated for you by Google Translategreat quality,good balance would recomend