The Model Chef'sChoice 2000 is a professional knife sharpener designed to handle the sharpening needs of a busy commercial kitchen.
This user-friendly, lightning quick system offers convenient "on-demand" 2 stage sharpening, unmatched by any other in-house sharpener.
Cost savings are substantial and can be realized in as little as six months from purchase.
The replaceable sharpening module can be removed by the user, washed and sanitized.
The system is safe for all kitchen knives, including serrated and single bevel Asian style.
- The Chef'sChoice Model 2000 uses diamond abrasives in Stage 1, and ultra-fine honing abrasives in Stage 2.
These abrasives will not detemper the knife blade.
Since the vast majority of resharpening is done in Stage 2, only microscopic amounts of metal are removed.
- The Chef'sChoice 2000 will sharpen a wide variety of gourmet and commercial kitchen knives, including single bevel Asian style knives.
Since the Chef'sChoice Model 2000 uses diamond abrasives, it will sharpen knives made from even the hardest alloys.
- The Chef'sChoice 2000 will also realign and sharpen the tips of serrated edges, but use Stage 2 only for serrated knives.
- On average, it will take one minute to sharpen most knives.
An exceptionally thick knife, such as a heavy meat cleaver, may require extra pulls through Stage 1, think 12-15 sets of pulls, rather than 3-5.
Also, an exceptionally dull knife manufactured from extremely hard alloys might require more pulls through Stage 1.
However, once the optimum edge has been achieved using the Model 2000, subsequent resharpening will be much faster.
- You can resharpen your knife as soon as you feel your edge has lost its "bite".
Use Stage 2 only for this procedure.
When this method no longer returns your edge to hair-splitting sharpness, it's time to go through the entire sharpening process, using both Stage 1 and Stage 2.
- The sharpening module will last for approximately 3,000-5,000 sharpening sessions, depending on the type, number and condition of knives sharpened and frequency of use.
After this it will continue to work properly, possibly taking 2-3 times longer to achieve the desired result, however.
There is no risk to the knife or sharpener by using the module beyond the 3,000-5,000 sharpening sessions.
The sharpening module is replaceable by design, which adds to user convenience and the cost saving aspect of this sharpener.
(This does not apply to the disks inside which cannot be replaced individually)
- With proper usage (very minimal downward pressure on the knife while sharpening), the knife edge guides (set part nr: 200900) will last for hundreds of sharpening sessions.
They should be taken out and flipped over to the unused side when they are worn approximately 1/3 of the way down.
- It is recommended that the module be cleaned in dishwasher or sink regularly i.e. weekly or whenever a dirty knife has been sharpened in it.
- Besides washing the sharpening module regularly, empty the collected knife filings from the trough beneath the module regularly.
If the stage 2 honing disks become blackened (this means they need refurbishing) use the diamond coated "dressing tool" provided to clean them.