Is sharpening your knives difficult? TheWicked Edge Precision Pro Pack III makes it easy! With this extensive system, you sharpen all your knives very quickly and, more importantly, very accurately until they are razor sharp. This sharpening system contains all parts needed to optimally sharpen each knife. After practising it appears to work very easily.
Important is to first determine the correct sharpening angle. And then to sharpen with that sharpening angle. That is where Wicked Edge shows its power. The well thought out system of Wicked Edge can be set accurately, after which it is impossible to sharpen the wrong way. You follow a fixed and easily reproducible number of operations which results in a perfectly sharpened knife.
The Wicked Edge Precision Pro Pacl III
Different models of the Wicked Edge are available. In the basis this Pro Pack III is similar to themore known Pro Pack II It has a graduated bar of 13 to 35 degrees, the sharpening arms with a ball joint and a micro-adjustment. But with the luxe clamping jaws of the Generation III. With this improved jaw, you clamp the knife in 1 second. Because it grabs your knife from two sides to the middle, the blade is always straight. This is also ideal for knives with a full flat grindbecause the knife is squeezed straight in.
However, the Pro-Pack III really distinguishes itself by its scope of delivery. When you buy this set you are ready to sharpen in one go. Thin knives, thick knives, kitchen knives, pocket knives, and so on. The Pro-Pack III is a solution especially for the more extreme hardnesss and luxury powder steels. You receive a well-considered progression of stones. 100/200/400/600/800/1000/1500 in diamond. Then 6-micron diamond tapes and the 4 and 2-micron leather strops. The result is amazing. We do not actually have a set in our range that is even more complete. And adding the value of all individual parts together, you can see that this is a very good deal.
This is how sharpening works on the Wicked Edge
1 Clamp your knife in the Wicked Edge. A 'depth key' and ruler ensure that your knife is always clamped in exactly the same place. There are two vertical positions you can choose. A knife should protrude approximately 15.9 mm(5/8 inch) above the clamp. In that case the degree indication of the sharpening angle is correct. A guide is provided for long and/or flexible blades that increase clamping stability. A digital angle meter is available if you want to check exactly with which angle you are sharpening
2 Then determine the correct sharpening angle for your knife. There are several ways to determine this. In many cases the manufacturer provides information, charts with different knives are available and of course, there are general guidelines for different types of knives. It is also possible to draw a line on the fold of the blade with a waterproof felt-tip pen and carefully sharpen something with a possible sharpening angle. From the disappeared part of the line of the felt-tip pen, You can see, whether the angle is correct or whether it should become larger or smaller.
3 The guide bars for the sharpening stones are mounted in the correct position for the sharpening angle of your choice. The indication is clear and locking is perfect. You can then slide the sharpening stones over the guide bars. If your knife is really blunt, start as usual with a coarse sharpening stone to restore the fold of your knife. With the finer sharpening stones, you polish your knife until it's razor-sharp.
4 The next step is the actual sharpening. You slide the sharpening stones over the guide bars. This runs very smoothly without losing precision. Both sides have a different grit size and two pieces are included with each stone so that you can sharpen both sides of the knife at the same time. One of the main reason you are done so quickly. And where you need to be focused with other sharpening methods to find and maintain the correct sharpening angle, with a Wicked Edge it is impossible to sharpen with the wrong angle. You simply sharpen your knife dry.
5 The finishing touch. If you have sharpened with the desired sharpening stones you can possibly do the final polishing with the Wicked Edge variant of the leather shaving belt. Apply something from the included diamond paste and polish the blade until it really can't be sharper anymore. It is very important to handle the Leather Strops with care and not cut in the leather. This can be done by only moving the Leather Strops upwards. It cannot go wrong that way. Damaging the leather can be prevented by cleaning the knife so loose metal parts cannot stick to the leather.
If the knife loses some of its sharpness then clamp your knife in the system and your daily maintenance can start with the use of your sharpening stone. By doing the same over and over again you will have optimal results very quickly. Something that costs much more experience with different systems.
Want to learn more about the Wicked Edge? Take a look here
An overview of all advantages of the Wicked Edge
- Your knife is accurately placed in the system
- The sharpening angle is set very precisely and held without any difficulty.
- There is actually no chance of scratching your blade. A piece of tape can possibly protect the part of the knife that is being clamped. Normally it is not necessary.
- Your knife is sharpened very quickly because you can sharpen on both sides and automatically use the correct sharpening angle.
- There are dozens of different extra stones and accessories available for sharper, finer and faster sharpening. You can make it as extreme as you want to.
Scope of delivery
- When mounting the guide rods(especially with Pro-Pack 2) we had to push through a little more the first time. After this everything worked exactly as intended.
- Note the settings used. In this way, the sharpening angle remains constant and maintenance of the knife can be done quickly, easily and well.
- Use a felt-tip pen to properly see what you are wearing away
- Practise with an old knife first. Firstly to get skilled in the sharpening and secondly to grind the diamond sharpening stones. A new sharping stone has a slightly too coarse effect. After 5 to 10 blades the system work as intended. The user is part of this system.
- Do not use too much pressure. Lighter is better. The sharpening stone must do the work and not the power used to sharpen.
- Certainly in the beginning, take your time to get familiar with the system