The Chef'sChoice model 120 is a professional electric knife sharpener and another sharpening breakthrough.
It incorporates conical 100% diamond coated disks in Stage 1 and Stage 2, and a revolutionary stropping/polishing disk in Stage 3.
In just seconds, an edge of unprecedented sharpness and durability is obtained on fine edge (straight edge) and serrated knives.
The flawless, highly polished fine edge can be customized to suit the cutting task.
High precision elastomeric angle guides eliminate all guesswork.
Extra product information:
Chef'sChoice® sharpeners are precision machines designed to deliver unsurpassed sharpening satisfaction and manufactured to last a long, long time.
They will do a much better job of sharpening than a normal sharpening steel (cost $30-$40) or sharpening stones (cost $30-$70)
The average home has about 10 knives and professional sharpening services can charge $10.00 per knife.
Chef'sChoice® sharpeners are the only electric knife sharpeners recommended by cutlery experts and leading professional chefs for sharpening quality cutlery.
They are probably the best electric sharpeners on the market today.
Less expensive sharpeners do not work, can harm knives or leave dull knives.
The Model 310 incorporates 100% diamond abrasives in all three sharpening stages to create the unique, patented Trizor® edge.
There is no sharpener that will do as fine a job as a Chef'sChoice.
- The Chef'sChoice Model 120 will safely sharpen expensive or inexpensive cutlery.
- It will sharpen knives manufactured from the even the hardest alloys.
- While creating and modelling the edge takes place in Step 1 and Step 2, ninety-eight percent of your re-sharpening takes place in Stage 3.
- The ultra-fine, flexible abrasive in this stage removes only microscopic amounts of metal.
In fact, when compared to other sharpening methods, the Chef'sChoice 120 removes much less metal.
- A normal honing steel, which has no angular control, will deteriorate the super fine Chef'sChoice edge, and the use of a professional sharpening service is unnecessary once you own a Chef'sChoice sharpener.
- The diamond abrasives will last for many, many years with normal use, without need for repair or replacement.
- The Stage 3 stropping/polishing disks can be restored to "as-new condition" if they become dirty and/or glazed.
A unique cleaning/dressing tool can be actuated using the lever in the back of the sharpener.
- The model 120 is designed to sharpen both straight edge and serrated knives.
It straightens, re-aligns and sharpens the serrated tips in stage 3.
TIP: A straight edged knife sharpened on the model 120 will do a much cleaner job of cutting a tomato or a loaf of bread than a serrated knife.
- The model 120 will not sharpen scissors, for this you need the ScissorPro® Model 500, which incorporates 100% diamond abrasives and similar technology to produce an incredibly sharp edge on your scissors.
- The Chef'sChoice Model 120 will sharpen pocketknives and hunting knives that can comfortably fit in the sharpening slots.
- If your knives are dull, resharpen them according to the instructions given in your manual.
You may also use just Stage 3 to 'Bring the edge back', when your knives lose that razor-sharp, ultra-fine cutting edge, but are not considered blunt yet.
It takes approximately 15-30 seconds to resharpen a knife this way.
- The Chef'sChoice Model 120 is very easy to use, just pull the knives slowly through the slots, and the built-in elastomeric springs precisely hold the knife blade securely against the angle guides, eliminating all guesswork.