Nitecore presents another very innovative torch; the Tiny Monster TM06. A light output of 4000 lumens is unprecedented for a torch of this size. In addition to the show-off mode of 4000 lumens, the TM06 can also hold back and only give 3 lumens in the low mode. In this mode, the TM06 offers a burn time of 560 hours.
With such a ridiculous amount of light from a small torch, of course there are the risks of overheating. Fortunately, Nitecore condired this; the ATR-system dynamically adjusts the output-strength to the body temperature of the torch. This way you prevent overheating, and guarantee a longer life span.
The torch has a tactical switch on the rear. On the side is a side switch that allows you to operate the different light modes. The side switch works much like the shutter of a camera: half-pressing has a different function than full-pressing the button. The lower and turbo mode can be activated by pressing the side switch simultaneously with the switch on the back. By keeping the side switch pressed, you scroll through all the different light modes. Moreover, the switch is equipped with a blue LED which indicates the battery status They have thought about it!
The NiteCore TM06 Tiny Monster works only on 4 18650 buttontop batteries.
Using CR123A batteries can damage the torch.
5 light modes, strobe, SOS- and beacon mode (to retrieve the torch in the dark):
5 year warranty on defects in materials and workmanship
- Lower (3 ANSI lumen, 560 u)
- Low (160 ANSI lumen, 32 u)
- Mid (480 ANSI lumen, 11 u 15 min.)
- High (1500 ANSI lumen, 4 u)
- Turbo (4000 ANSI lumen, 1 u)
* The indication of the light intensity is according to the ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 standards. This means that the values may be lower than former values . Naturally, this lower value has no consequence for the light intensity of the torch. The advantage of the ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 standards is that the values can be compared with each other and give a real picture of the actual light intenstiy.